Search This Blog

Thursday 8 August 2013

Brace face

At 16 years old, I have been having regular trips to the orthodontist for the past 5 years. And finally precisely 6 days 19 hours and 50 minutes ago my teeth have been wired up and fixed into place for the next two years. Yet, rather than happiness and relief that something was finally being done to sort out my unobliging gnashers- all I felt was pain!
Every morning I wake up to metal embedded in my bottom lip, wire practically piercing my cheek and an aching in my gums due to my teeth being pushed every which way imaginable. And this is just after sleeping; imagine eating! As a person who is always counting down to the next meal, braces proved to be more than a little tiresome. With so many foods crossed out of my diet for me (fizzy drinks, crisps, apples) the rest remained to simply be crossed of myself; I mean seriously- have you ever tried crunching down on toast with a train track (quite literally!) glued to your teeth? Consequently, I found myself left with yoghurt and baby food- the latter of the two appearing slightly more appetising!
So after years of waiting I became sorely disappointed; I guess I should've been more careful about what I wish for!

No comments:

Post a Comment