Search This Blog

Thursday 29 August 2013

The importance of the eyebrow

Perfection, perfection, perfection. The one thing that is common in several women's aspirations whether concerning relationships, careers or more often than not; appearance. I myself, have to admit that upon looking in the mirror, I often discover flaws; be it dry skin, spots or the dreaded facial hair!
This last point is the one I would like to pick up on, in particular, the eyebrow! Unfortunately, I seem to have inherited my eyebrows from my Dad... Hence, they are large, black, fast growing and ultimately, incredibly unattractive! Until 3 years ago, the masculinity that controlled my face directed all attention away from my lengthy, coal-black eyelashes and golden wavy hair. Meaning that even as a young girl, self-consciousness ruled over me.
So, imagine my joy when the time came that I was allowed to thread those overgrown caterpillars!. Not to mention, the relief when I walked out of the shop; the whole of the upper third of my face a crimson shade, eyelashes stuck together from watering eyes and mascara dribbling down my cheeks. The grin I wore did not seem to coincide with the rest of my complexion- not that I cared!
My happiness, however, was short-lived. Seemingly, only a couple of days later (although apparently it was more like a few weeks!) stray hairs started to reappear- depicting my face as ungroomed, untamed and once again pushing my appearance closer and closer to that of the other sex! Nevermind, I thought, I have a tweezers, I can sort this out.
Within a matter of minutes my eyebrows were pretty much no more! The constant tweaking and plucking in order to make them look half-symmetrical resulted in me removing far too much hair on both- and yet still they remained uneven! So, back to the salon I went!
This cycle is still repeating every couple of weeks, each time I'll tell myself that I'll be more careful, only take out the hairs that REALLY need to go. Nonetheless, I find myself providing the shop with no doubt half its income as I traipse in twice a month with a disaster on my forehead!

No comments:

Post a Comment