Search This Blog

Thursday 1 August 2013

Today I have experienced my first hour and a half of true work. You may wonder how it is, if I am working, that I am able to update my blog? The answer is simple; there is nothing to do here! Yep, that's right I am currently being paid to sit it this incredibly comfy 'swingy' chair- which I have been given the luxury of using and update my blog! Is this what all work is like, I wonder?
Anyway, to bring you up to speed, I am basically acting as a temporary fill-in for the receptionist here. So far, in the initial stages of my 'new job', I have answered the phone with a pleasant-enough 'Good afternoon!' at 9.27 in the morning, referred to someone by shouting down the phone 'Is that Dad?' and caused the neat-little-remote-thing that allows you to open the door without moving from this comfy chair to fly of the wall. Not to mention, I have had an exceptional amount of trouble placing someone's details on the lanyard due to the newly-acryliced nails I am coping with!
None the less, sitting high up in this chair, behind this workable, if a little outdated computer makes me feel very important. Hence, to summarise- I guess working is not too bad after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment